Table of Contents
Crispy golden French fries with a perfect coating and softy center! Isn’t it mouthwatering? Perfect as an appetizer or a snack or even as a side dish with juicy chicken. You’ll find people in almost every home who craves for French fries.
Luckily, now you don’t have to rush to the stores for getting perfect French fries. You can cook it at home as well. If you are busy in life, you can buy store-packaged frozen French fries. Else wise, you can make it at home by seasoning with your favorite spices.
Even after buying frozen French fries from the best brands, most of us cannot fry it properly. No worries. Today we’ll tell you how to fry frozen French fries. Here, we’ll discuss our favorite ways to fry frozen French fries.If you love to enjoy utterly homemade French fries, you must the seasoning process as well. So, before you know how to fry, you should know how to season it. Let’s get started.
How to Season French Fries?
It seems like the number of French fries in the stored packaged packets are not sufficient enough for you. Do you crave for more? Don’t worry; you can have asmuch as you want. Follow our instructions to season the potato to make perfect French fries.
Ingredients needed: (Approximated amount, you can add more or less)
Ways to Fry French fries
Good news for French fry lovers. You can now fry French fries in many ways. You just have to be expert in every means. Indeed, it is worthwhile to know the perfect procedure to achieve restaurant like French fries. You can fry French fries-
- On the stove using a frypan
- In the oven, or
- In an air fryer
Let us briefly discuss, how to fry frozen French fries?
Frying In a Fry Pan or In a Skillet
Frying French fries in a pan is the most used process of frying. It results in the original taste of French fries just like restaurant. Here is the process to fry in a pan;
- At first, take a pan and make sure the pan is deep enough to hold enough oil. Then add oil as required and preheat the oil until the smoke rises from the oil.
- Make sure to keep the flame at a depth of ¼” in the bottom of your pan.
- Now drop the frozen into the pan once the oil is shimmering. Don’t add too much fries at a time.
- Let it fry until you the perfect crispiness like the restaurant. You are wondering, how to understand crispiness? Just watch, if it has a golden color across the fries. If so, then it is ready to dip.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the fries from the oil. Now, hold the spoon above the pan to make sure that it shakes off the excess fat.
Frying in the Oven
If you are on a diet and prefer less oil, frying French fries in the oven is a smart option. Frying French fries in the oven is more accessible and less messy compared to deep frying. You will get the same golden appearance with a crispy texture without soaking them into extra oil. Here is how you can do it:
- Before frying, preheat the oven to 400oF.
- Now, take a metal baking sheet and place a foil piece over the sheet.
- Keep the potato pieces into a zip lock bag and spray into it using olive oil. Now, mix the oil into pieces by shaking the bag.
- After coating the fries with oil, spread the fries over the sheet. Dust the fries with your favorite seasoning to taste.
- After then, bake the fries until it becomes golden brown.